HSSM’S SHELTER FOOD IS SPONSORED BY HILLS SCIENCE DIET. Any donated dry/bagged food will be sent out through HSSM’s homeless pet outreach program, or sold in HSSM’s thrift stores.
- Latex gloves
- Karo Syrup
- Gently used leashes and collars
- Puppy and kitten milk formula
- Rubbing alcohol
- Flea combs
Animal Enrichment Needs:
The following items are used to ensure that the animals in HSSM’s care are both physically and mentally stimulated during their stay here.
- Dog milk bones (all sizes)
- Tube Socks
- Empty water bottles (no larger than 20 oz.)
- Creamy Peanut Butter and Velveeta Cheese
- Cat Treats
- Spray bottles
- Cat toys
- Dog toys and treats (Nylabones, rope toys)
- Stuffable Kong brand dog toys (Large/XL size)
- Kuranda beds for cats and dogs
- Classical music CDs
General Shelter Needs:
Even though the following items do not directly provide care for the animals, these items are vital to HSSM’s operations. If these items were solely donated, it would save HSSM an estimated $1,500 a month that we could use towards direct animal programs!
- Toilet paper
- Paper Towels
- Copy/Printer Paper
- Mailing Labels
- Staples & Paper Clips
- Clorox Wipes
- Mops & Brooms
- Computer Monitors
Other Shelter Needs:
HSSM maintains a list of Special Opportunities for Donors, but the following items are also needed and accepted on a rolling basis.
- Gift Cards (for general supplies, office supplies, gas stations, and pet supplies)
- Donations of Frequent Flyer Miles
- Vehicle Donations
- Lawn Mower
- Dishwasher (preferably table top or portable)
- In-kind donation of storage unit (for disaster response supplies)
HSSM also maintains an Amazon.com Wish List which contains many items that you can purchase and then ship directly to HSSM!